1. Not only is the Spectrum Glam Clam £60 the cutest thing ever, it’s amazing value for money. You get TEN high-quality, hand-finished vegan brushes in a sweet shell-shaped case, and come on, think of the Instagram potential.
2. World. Stop sleeping on Hawaiian Tropic Exotic Coconut After Sun Body Butter £5.50 because this is delectable. It smells like paradise* and quenches your skin after a day’s baking.
3. Bizarrely, it was a tweet by Stephen King which first brought my attention to The Girls by Emma Cline £7.99 and I knew it would be an ideal holiday read for me. Set in California in 1969, the prose is sharp and choppy against a setting that is hazy and oblique. For fans of coming-of-age novels, Vans, the Beach Boys and Charles Manson.
5. Bikini shopping in 2016 just ain’t the same as bikini shopping in 2015. I really struggled to find swimwear that wasn’t gonna leave a legacy of strappy tan-lines from randomly placed cut-outs. I felt like the fire emoji in the ASOS Graphic Leaf Print Skinny Bikini £16 and £14.
6. If there is ever a time that calls for really obnoxious sunglasses, it’s when you’re on holiday. Presenting X $120, a spectacular and customisable twist on the classic clubmaster, from h0les. Those prismatic lenses! If they’re good enough for Lady Gaga…
Born this way,
*HBL FUN FACT! Paradise is one of my favourite words.